- Dimensions: 11"W x 9.5"W x 7"D
- Edition size: 100
- Additional information: Sculpted in 1973, patinaed and mounted on an
oval-shaped beveled-edge black onyx and marble base*. Also available in silver patina.
- In order to protect a cowboy from being mauled by a
bull when the cowboy bucks off or jumps off at the end
of his ride, a rodeo bullfighter dressed as a clown is
employed to divert the bull's attention and give the
cowboy a chance to escape. Bullfighters need to be
quick and agile with lots of nerve.
This sculpture by
Earl W. Bascom shows a bullfighter with an old
umbrella which he uses as a decoy. They may look a
bit funny in the arena, but rodeo bullfighters sure
look good to a bull rider on the ground. The artist
was a rodeo bullfighter during his rodeo career in the
- To purchase or lease this piece:
Call 1-866-797-2344 or inquire here.
All Bascom bronzes have certified appraisals available.
* All bases can be custom ordered with marble, onyx, wood, granite, or combinations to meet order. Bases currently available are wood, onyx, marble (grey, green, and tan), and granite(black only). There is also available for order a layered base made of marble between layers of onyx.